Saturday, September 1, 2007

My Reply at Forexfactory

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingLight View Post
Hi cesarnc,

I don't.

I'm actually really curious about the questions. So far neither you nor luqmanz really answered them(although luq answered/gave a suggestion for the "what does it mean" part, thanks! =) ).

There's a reason I asked them because even though sure I can project targets around into space(high-low-point of wedge/triangle, projected from possible break area), I was wondering what the point of the info was if there is no setup attached to it.

No setup = no trade.
...

SeekingLight
Hi SL,

Let me share with you how I use this info (triangles/wedges) in my trading.

At that time, I had a long position at 1.3600. Price looked strong to me so I think "hey the price looks so positive, why not take a little more risk, triangles is a trend- continuation formation anyway". I followed the age-old wisdom "never average down, just average up".

Worst case scenario, price touches 3700 and reversed.
Stop loss at 3650 for all position.
Long @ 3600 = 50 pips
Long @ 3700 = -50 pips

Net 0 pips for the risk taken. (Good bargain).

I placed a buy order at 1.3700.

Price went up to 1.3718. Stop loss moved to 1.3668 (50 pips trailing stop).
Price retraced. Stop loss got hit.
1) Position 1 @ 1.3600 = 68 pips profits
2) Position 2 @ 1.3700 = -32 pips

Net profit 36 pips.

If I dont have a position at 1.3600, I wouldn't take the 3700 trade. I'll wait till price close higher than 3700 on Friday.

Hope this helps. :-)

No comments: